TRAFFIC COORDINATOR Job in Ferndale 48220, Michigan US
Job Description Job title: Traffic Coordinator
FLSA status: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)Department: Traffic
Reports to: VP, Operations Position Summary (overall purpose, objectives, and results expected): The traffic coordinator is responsible for coordinating timing of inbound jobs and activities from the sales force as outlined in the job process flow chart.
The traffic coordinator must effectively communicate with sales in order to schedule inbound jobs, determine appropriate timing and update appropriate capacity schedules.
Traffic will also coordinate requirements of the plant via a daily production meeting.
Traffic will also act as a conduit from the plant to sales in order to stream line and coordinate the flow of information to and from sales and the plant at any given time.
Essential Functions (tasks, duties, responsibilities most important to the success of the job):
* Work within the job process flow chart
* Be aware of all orders being entered into production
* Work with sales to develop realistic time frames for up-coming orders
* Work with department managers to develop an overall plan required to complete given orders
* Notify sales upon conflicts of due dates and coordinate a solution
* Coordinate with upper management when schedule conflicts cannot be resolved
* Update print capacity charts and distribute as specified
* Keep Pace system current by updating job / cost center status
* Conduct daily production meeting to inform production managers of project needs
* Produce stock pull slips for production
* Notify purchasing of missing stock orders / additional stock needs
* Prepare daily completed orders for movement to costing
* Work with order administration to develop an overall understanding of the estimating / order entry process
* Backup order administration when needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (specific minimum competencies required for successful job performance): Excellent communication skills
Ability to speak, read, and write in the English language
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Strong attention to detail
Working successfully in both a team environment and independently
Software skills including MS office (Word / Excel) Minimum Qualifications (minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job): Bachelors Degree preferred or 5 years relevant experience
Minimum 2 years management experience
Minimum of 2 to 4 years in printing, estimating or administrative positions
I am working towards my BSN in Nursing through AFROTC. My main goal was to work with the Marines as much as I could, but now I am being told that the ...
About job seekers allowance? (0 answers)
I am really confused! My husband has had to claim job seekers allowance as his self emploment work has dried up. When he went to the office to sign on ...
Need Help on something for Interview? (2 answers)
The question that some mostly ask sometimes is where do you see yourself in five to ten years? what would be a good answer, I always get stuck on this ...
I am looking for a good job? (2 answers)
I am working in Mumbai and looking for a good Job ...
Global social entertainment? (2 answers)
Anyone heard of this company, is it a scam? ...
Considering is trying out e-bol?? legal? (2 answers)
Just wondering if the bodybuilding supplement e-bol is considered a steroid? Considering in trying it if it is not I have heard alot about it but is i ...
I want to go back to school online. I was looking into Medical Billing. I do not know much about it and wanted to request information. I am having a h ...
This person needs full time work and he is about to start college. He does have work experience and a certificate in plumbing. ...
What career would best fit me..? (0 answers)
Involve traveling to many different places and involve different languages? I love to travel, I love translating (I'm trying to learn Spanish and ...
The best books and materials that youre commend to pass:Level 1level 2level 3 ...